Week #5

Fig.1 - Progress

Gary here. This week I made various cloud sprites that scroll across the background, as well as flying insects that spawn across the world and make the place look more lively. I also stopped background objects from clipping into each other.

I also started a bunch of things that I haven't finished entirely, such as a new alien which requires the player to lure it to stand on 'plates' to tame it. Mechanically it is pretty much complete, but still needs the art to be done.

Fig.2 - New alien mechanic so far (Alien 01 sprite)

I made another new alien, which is easily tamed by distracting it with the robot. It's completely finished mechanically and the sprite sheet is finished bar the walk cycle, which still needs work. I'm happy with the idle animation though:

Fig.3 - New alien

I also started an 'exotic' alien, which is rarer and harder to tame. The sprite sheet for it is finished, and I've made a start on the mechanics. It's intended to be an alpha of the first alien, and returns to the background shortly after it's finished eating.

Fig.4 - Exotic alien

Finally, I started the character sprite sheet. It has an idle animation, including an occasional animation where the character will look around if left idle for too long. I'm unhappy with the look of it however (it looks more like an astronaut than a farmer) and stopped working on it after getting a simple walk animation done. I will have to work on it at another point in the project.

Next week I will make the sun, and more background objects. The Progress Review (basically a presentation) is next week, so a lot of time will be spent preparing for that.

See you then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #3

Week #2

Week #10